Kehoe Cup Coming Down To The Wire
This weekend Round 5 of the Kehoe Cup takes centre stage with two games down for decision.
To say it the permutations aren’t straightforward would be putting it mildly. As we approach the Final round Kildare remain in the driving seat, with 3 wins from 3. However, should their hosts Meath claim a victory tomorrow it brings into play a number of varying scenarios.
As it stands a draw or a victory for Kildare is enough to see them claim the title. A win for Meath can lead to the following;
- If Kildare win or draw – Kildare Win Kehoe Cup.
- If Meath win by less than 6 points – Kildare Win Kehoe Cup.
- If Meath win by 6 points – Scores ‘For’ Decides the winner.
- If Meath win by 7 to 16 points – Carlow Win Kehoe Cup.
- If Meath win by more that 16 points – Meath Win Kehoe Cup.
- If Score difference is the same for 3 counties – Scores For Decides.
© Cover Photo by Brendan Holmes, Kildare GAA